Spartan UK plant in Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, covers an area of 100.000 square meters (out of which covered 30.000).
The Spartan UK plate mill is a quarto universal reversing mill, with automatic gauge control, capable of producing up to 200 Ktonnes per year.
The company produces plates with a thickness ranging from 8 to 150 mm and a maximum width of 2100 mm. Maximum length of plates is 20m. Maximum weight of a single plate is 22 tons.
Plates can be supplied:
- As rolled
- Normalizing rolling
- Normalized in furnace
- Normalized and tempered
Applicable standards for tolerances are:
- Dimension/Flatness: EN10029 A(SA)20 A(SA)6
- Surface: EN10163 A(SA)20 A(SA)6
- Ultrasonic Test: EN10160 A(SA)435 A(SA)578, other standard by agreement
- Certificates: EN10204 A(SA)20 A(SA)6
- Testing as per: EN ASTM/ASME
Spartan UK has also obtained the main specific product certifications such as ADW1/AD2000W1 (TÜV), 97/23 PED instruction (TÜV), CE marking, CPD89/106 (EN 10025 TÜV).
Plates can be delivered by truck or Vessel.